1. My name is…Melissa Kahoun
2. When I was a kid, my nickname was…Shasha – this is how my youngest sister ended up pronouncing Melissa
3. My title is...Area Manager
4. That means I (do what?)…I have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of Aqua’s water and wastewater assets in the Kankakee and Will County Divisions.
5. If I had to pick 3 words to describe myself, they’d be…Dedicated, Empathetic, Honest
6. Favorite weekend activity: Biking (mountain or road biking)
7. Since I started working at Aqua, the most fun I experienced was…Attending a Kankakee Community College sustainability expo. Aqua had a source water protection booth setup and I was explaining why macro-invertebrates are so important to the river to a little girl and before she left with her dad, she ran up to me and gave me a great big hug – made my heart melt!
8. I love water, because…without it I would not exist!
9. The most interesting thing I’ve crossed off my “Bucket List” is…Running a half marathon – not because I completed one but because my doctor told me my body and running don’t agree with one another. I came close though….
10. In the summer, you can find me...In the woods (camping, biking, hiking)
11. When I was a kid, I always thought I’d grow up to be...A veterinarian. My dream job would be running an animal rescue facility.
12. Do you have any pets? I have a cat named Little Kitty
13. If I could be one movie character, I would be...because...Laura Croft because in the movie Tomb Raider she was an extremely intelligent woman and tough as nails. Two incredibly awesome traits.
14. Don’t tell anybody, but I’ve always had a celebrity crush on…Gerard Butler
15. If I weren’t working at Aqua, I would be…Probably married to Gerard Butler!