1. My name is: Paul Gabage
2. When I was a kid, my nickname was: Paulie
3. My title is: Estimator
4. That means I (do what?): I create the cost estimates for the design planning of the capital infrastructure improvements.
5. I work with water for a living, but my favorite water-related activity is: Painting with watercolors.
6. If I had to pick three words to describe myself, they’d be: Passionate, musician, artist
7. Favorite weekend activity: spending time with friends
8. Since I work at water utility, people always ask me: why I don’t do artwork for a living. I answer them: “You do know why they call them starving artists, right?”
9. Since I started working at Aqua, the most fun I experienced was: Putting together a band with my coworkers.
10.I love water, because: Without it I can’t use my water colors.
11.The most interesting thing I’ve crossed off my “Bucket List” is: I haven’t been able to cross anything off my bucket list yet. I’ll keep you posted on big things to come!
12.My coworkers don’t know this, but I’m actually a big fan of: country music
13.In the summer, you can find me: In an air-conditioned room. I never was a fan of summer.
14.Favorite childhood toy: drums
15.When I was a kid, I always thought I’d grow up to be: A drummer for a rock band
16.Do you have any pets? (Name, Age, Type): We have three Doxies: Molly, 11, Abbey, 10, and Jake, 7.
17.The last time I dressed up for Halloween I went as: A guy with hair!
18.If I could be one movie character, I would be: Batman because who doesn’t want to be Batman?? Even Sheldon from “The Big Bang Theory” wants to be Batman!
19.My favorite “guilty pleasure” snack is: Dark chocolate
20.Don’t tell anybody, but I’ve always had a celebrity crush on: Julia Roberts
21.If I weren’t working at Aqua, I would be: A drawing teacher, a portrait artist or a professional musician.
22.What do you like to do outside of work: Enjoy time with my wife!
23.When did you first start your art: I have been drawing ever since I can remember, so I can say since kindergarten. I’ll never forget the smell and enjoyment from finger painting. I found that everything I saw I wanted to draw.
24.What inspires you: I am inspired by everything visual and musical. Reproducing the models essence is what inspires me as well as creating a meaning and a defining storyline within the composition. My music is a different experience of inspiration. I enjoy being a part of the process as a team in creating original music that moves individuals emotionally and brings them to their feet in enjoyment.
25.What kind of artwork do you gravitate toward: I gravitate toward portrait and figurative artwork. The masters’ works, such as Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Degas, and Merritt Chase — to name a few — are truly inspirational.