December 7th, 2017 1:14 PM
Hanukkah is a time to be surrounded by your friends and family, and what better way to appreciate those loved ones than by working together on a fun project to spread the holiday joy?
These floating wick DIY Hanukkah Candles look beautiful and add a twist to your typical menorah or festive candle display. You can’t go wrong with this simple way to get creative and have fun.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- Blue food coloring
- 8 small glass cups
- Floating wicks
What To Do:
- Place all eight cups on a menorah stand or a festive tray of your choosing.
- Place a few drops of blue food coloring into the water in a separate dish and stir until the color is even throughout the water. (Note: For extra flair, you can separate your water into the cups first and then add different shades of blue to each cup.
- Fill each cup ¾ of the way full with the tinted water.)
- Add one tablespoon of vegetable oil to each cup.
- Carefully place one floating wick in each cup without getting the wick wet.
- Your display is finished and ready to be lit!
In only six easy steps, you now have a unique candle display to use for Hanukkah celebrations or to use throughout the entire holiday season.
We hope working together on this DIY candle display is just one of many ways you and your loved ones get to spend time together over the holidays.
Our entire Aqua family sends you and yours our warmest wishes for a happy and healthy Hanukkah. As always, don’t forget to stay tuned for more fun and easy ways to celebrate the holidays using Earth’s most essential resource—water!